An affair that everyone loves: Announcing event- My Legume Love Affair edition 22
Have you seen anyone proudly talk about their love affairs? Every month? Sometimes love seems to fade off after a few months, between the most romantic couples but this love affair is so strong that it keeps flourishing in the blogosphere.
The weird thing is whoever is involved in this affair, all love the same person-oops! I mean an Ingredient-Legumes. Susan’s love for Legumes is an eagerly expected event every month. I am so glad and honored to host the event, given the popularity of the event and the long waiting list, I should say I am lucky to announce that My Legume Love affair #22 will be hosted here for the month of April.
What are Legumes?
Legumes are pods or fruits of specific plants that are edible. Well known Legumes are Peas, dried beans(garbanzo, kidney bean), lentils(varities of dal), soybeans, nuts and sometimes even derivative seeds like Besan(from chick pea flour). Though the French call all vegetables as Legumes, for this event we only consider the above specified legumes and not vegetables. Apart from the list given above, fenugreek, tofu, carob(a derivative of pea family), peanuts are also legumes.
How to Participate in this Event:
Cook any dish with Legumes from April 1, 2010 to April 30, 2010. Though I am a vegetarian, I will accept all entries, vegan, vegetarian or recipes with meat.
Link your posts to this event announcement and also to the host lineup announcement by Susan. This rule is a must, you should link to both blogs, else the entries will be disqualified.
Multiple entries are welcome. Please note that each entry should be linked to Susan’s blog and to this annoncement. Reposts are accepted, but the original post should also be linked to Susan’s and this post. Do not just repost, but link it. Though multiple entries are allowed, only one entry per person will be considered towards the giveaway.
I will also accept entries from Non-Bloggers. Those entries are also eligible to be included in the random draw.
All prizes are awarded to one winner. My family and friends, as well as Susan’s, aren’t eligible to win.
1) Randomly selected and purchased by Susan (shipped worldwide): I Love Macarons by Hisako Ojika.
2) Hurst Bean Box – A case of six bags of the winner’s choice of Hurst Bean products, suitable for every diet, donated by Hurst Bean. (Due to shipping restrictions, this prize can only be awarded if the winner is a U.S. resident.) Susan does not receive any product nor financial compensation for her arrangement with Hurst Bean to provide this prize supplement for My Legume Love Affair.
How to send your entry:
- Please link your entries to this page and to Susan’s.
- Include the logo in your post (optional)
- Once that is done, send me an email with the subject line as Entry for MLLA#22 to email@example.com along with the details of:
Name of the entry
Link to the entry
Photo of the entry (optional, but if you have disabled right clicks, do remember to send me the picture, else I cannot copy them)
Your Location (MUST) Only U.S residents are eligible for the prize draw due to shipping restrictions and if you want to be included in the random draw, please do mention your location(name of the city/state).
- Please specify in which category I should use your entry in the round up (Appetizer, Drinks, Soups, Main Course, Side dishes, Rice Dishes, Snacks or Salads and so on).
Non bloggers can send me the recipe, photo, name and location to be included in the prize and round up. Send them to ruchikacooks (at) gmail (dot) com
The round up along with the name of the winner will be announced in this blog during the first week of May.
I usually acknowledge entries be leaving a comment in the participant’s blog as I receive them.
Any questions, do email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a comment in this page and I will get back to you.
What are you waiting for? Let’s cook
the attachments to this post: